cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Manger DN going to wrong Unity Mailbox

uhl_frederick
Level 1
Level 1

Have Call Manager 4.1. Have a DN assigned to a phone. No VM profile, but set to go to Unity. Unity is opening wrong VM box. ie 1111 is the extension in Call Manager, but even though user A is assigned to 1111 in Unity, the call goes to user B who is on extension 2222. There is no forwarding or any non basic settings as I have removed the DN from the devices and removed VM in unity and recreated all. Still having issue. Withing Unity thought the 1111 mailbox is set up properly and when I hit the VM number and enter the 1111 extension it goes to the 1111 vm box. It seems as though the link from CM to Unity is not correct. All other lines are working fine.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Right click on the little Unity icon in the system tray and "Launch System Admin" Call Routing will be on the left hand side.

Brad

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Frederick,

I would look at your Call Routing rules to see if its potentially matching a rule for 1111 and sending it to the 2222 subscriber. If that doesn't prove fruitful, use the Call Viewer tool from the Tools Depot on Unity and see what # is actually being presented to Unity and go from there.

Hope that helps,

Brad

Thank You. Neat tool. I used it, and the dialed number is correct the calling number is my number and the forwarding number is the number I called, which seems right. A new wrinkle is that when it rolls to voice mail, I get a System Error has occurred please report this error to your system admin. Then it gives you the top level General Unity Message. The funny thing is when it tells me I can enter an extension at any time, if I put in the number I was trying to call, it gets me into that mailbox, ie Sorry, blah blah blah is not available, at the tone....

What I did is gave that person a new number and moved this troublesome line to a new phone so I can troubleshoot it.

Any more suggestions on how to find out what this error is.

Thanks

Gene

This sounds very much like a routing rule problem since routing rules are the first check done once a call is taken by Unity. Please check in WebSA under Call Routing both Forwarded and Direct rules. Check to see if what you're testing is matching any of the rules.

Brad

Another thing I should mention is that you could also use the Port Status Monitor tool from the Tools Depot and click Settings>Real Time Display. Perform the call and open the port that your call is coming in on and see where the failsafe may be occurring.

Hope that helps,

Brad

Once again, thanks for the help..Sorry if I am being such a pain. We are in the process of renewing our Cisco contract, but at this time there is a glitch in the renewal with budgeting, so it leaves me in a bind.

What/Where is WebSA, I can take a look at this and usually figure out the routing but do not know what this is.

BTW,

The port monitor states:\

Idle

Failsafe: System Greeting

Failsafe

Failsafe:Invalid Link

PHTransfer

State - d:\dommserver\localize\scripts\phtransfer.cde!LoadINfo

Event is {TrueEvent}

PHGreeting

etc. etc. etc. (this I believe is past the error and into the generic Unity Message)

Thanks again

Gene

Right click on the little Unity icon in the system tray and "Launch System Admin" Call Routing will be on the left hand side.

Brad

Home Run!!!! Thanks!!! There was a Forwarding routing rule that someone must have put in a long time ago. Thanks for the insight. I learned a great deal in these brief exchanges, thank you!!!

Gene

Glad its working :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: