Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Park - Callmgr 7

PAUL CHEN
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am just wondering how I can achieve call park redundancy if i am restricted to using call park numbers 2001 to 2003.

It does not allow me to assign the numbers to  a Unified CM group of a sub-pub. 

I can only choose either the sub or pub but not a group.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

8 Replies 8

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Call Park is server specific. If you have a two-node cluster it is common to split your range in half or possibly 80/20 to the subscriber/publisher. This depends how your phones are registered.

Example:

20[01]X - Node 1

20[23]X - Node 2

Redudancy is configured by creating the call park in all servers where phones will register.

The reason why call park is server specific and not CUCM group is because phones registered to X server can only use the call park range from thar X server, if they failover to Y server, then they'll use the Y server call park range.

As explained in the call park config all the DNs need to be UNIQUE within the cluster

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Java,

I don't think that's correct, you can have the same DN's on each server.   Just seperate them via partitions, so it will look like:

Pub=233X (partition=park1)

Sub=233X (partition=park2)

Thanks...

No, they need to be unique

Introducing Call Park

Ensure that the directory number or range of numbers is unique.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_1_2/ccmfeat/fscallpk.html#wp1027206

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi I think, bmcghee is right. It has to be unique but in means of number+partition combination, not only numbers.

The same doc also says:

Note Make sure that the combination of call park  extension number and partition is unique within the Cisco Unified  Communications Manager cluster.

David

I think Call Park has to be unique from number aspect, not number+partition. Consider the retrieving scenario, if you have 3 number, and you create 6 call park entries by 3 number x 2 partition, the 4th parked call would have duplicate on number (different partition though). How would you be able to identify which call is the one you want to retrieve by dialing the same number?

Neil Xiong
Level 1
Level 1

Use 200[1-3] in PUB and 200[123] in SUB. It will work.

Anas Abueideh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Paul,

the redundancy is tricky, you need to configure it with the same partition, but in two different ways.

for example if you want to configure 500-529 as a park numbers, kindly you can do the following

5[0-2]X for pubilsher

5[012][0-9] for subscirer

It will work for sure

HTH

Anas

please don't forget to rate the helpful posts

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: