Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Routing based on DNIS

abhijit75
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I am having difficulty creating a routing rule for a new 800 number we have that needs to go to a different greeting than our main greeting.

I have created a routing rule for it and in the dialed number field I have entered the DNIS. When I call the number it goes to the default handler and the main greeting, not the one i want. However if I set a rule for the calling number and use an internal extension I do get the handler I want.

Currently both 800 numbers come into the call manager and are translated to the voicemail port 81000. Is this a problem? Is Unity unable to tell the difference between the two 800 numbers and thus defaulting to the default call handler? If so what are my options?

Thanks

Abhijit

1 Reply 1

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Most likely the number you are entering in the dialed number field is not the number Unity is getting from the switch. The first thing to do here is to fire up the Call Viewer application which you'll find in the Tools Depot on your Unity desktop - do a test call and look at the number we're getting for the dialed Id - that's the full number that needs to be in the routing rule (it's just a string compare on the inbound call). I'm guessing what you see there isn't what you were expecting...