Views
Helpful
Replies

Call routing between cucm1 and cucm 2

collinks2
Level 5
Level 5

Hello guys,

I have cucm publisher 1 and another cucm publisher 2. They are located in different servers. I want to achieve call routing between the two cucms

I set up on cucm 1 a route pattern 3xxx to cucm 2.i equally configured route list but I don't understand this route group. Hence I chose the default, standard local route group.

On cucm 2,i set up a route pattern to 99xx as well as router list.

Cucm 1 has extension 9928

Cucm 2 has extension 3301

Cucm 1 can't call cucm 2, vice versa. Any help would be great

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Slavik Bialik
Level 7
Level 7

No, you can't do it.

You first must create the SIP trunk towards the second CUCM cluster. After you see it's up,

go and create a Route Group, in this route group you're assining this newly created SIP trunk.

Then, you're going into route list, create a new one and assign the route group to it.

You can't use local route group here. Local Route Group is used together with the proper configuration on the Device Pool settings. You can read more about it here:

https://asadraza.wordpress.com/2011/09/26/standard-local-route-groups-explained/

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Slavik Bialik
Level 7
Level 7

No, you can't do it.

You first must create the SIP trunk towards the second CUCM cluster. After you see it's up,

go and create a Route Group, in this route group you're assining this newly created SIP trunk.

Then, you're going into route list, create a new one and assign the route group to it.

You can't use local route group here. Local Route Group is used together with the proper configuration on the Device Pool settings. You can read more about it here:

https://asadraza.wordpress.com/2011/09/26/standard-local-route-groups-explained/

Hello Slavic,
I didn't read your message on time. I actually achieved it with h323 gateway after I restarted the server. I didn't know I could sip trunk to achieve. I thought sip trunk was only meant for Imp, conductor and expreway. I would try it and see how it goes
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: