Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call routing customization issue

Hi,

We need to route all calls for all subscribers as follows: when the phone is "busy or there is no answer", then the call should be routed to a call handler which will specify several options, e.g. press 1 to leave a message, dial an extension to try another person, etc. The problem is when you press 1 to leave a message, the message is stored in the "call handler's mailbox" instead of the person you called. How can I solve this? Or what's the best way to configure call routing with these requirements? (Unity 4.0(3)

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Call routing customization issue

Call handler's don't have mailboxes - only subscribers do. When you configure the call handler you determine which subscriber or public distribution list get the messages recorded for that call handler - simply configure the message receipient for that call handler to be the subscriber you want.

Thanks for your response. Sorry I failed to clarify this fact that the recorded message can only be sent to the subscriber or public distribution list specified in the call handler.However what we want is that the recorded messages should not be sent to the subscriber or public distribution list specified in the call handler, but to the subscriber that we dialled in the first place, i.e. before the call was sent to the call handler.

Hey Andy,

Instead of sending callers to a handler, why not use the subscriber greeting to deliver the prompt asking 'to leave a message, press 1; to reach another extension using dial by name press 2; to dial another extension, press 0.' Where you point the input to a DH, and a CH for dial direct.

You would at least avoid having to create so many entities for each subscriber with this requirement.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content