cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Routing/Transfer Issues

mission2k
Level 1
Level 1

We are running Unity 4.0(4)SR1 and was wondering if there is a solution to our problem.

We would like incoming calls to go to our receptionist during the day and our auto attendant at night. We currently have this setup as follows but have one problem with it. Incoming calls are sent to Unity by our router. Unity makes a decision based on the time of day to either send it to the greeting for our Call Handler during the night or to attempt transfer to our receptionist during the day. It works fine, however the problem is that Unity plays a message that says "Please wait while I transfer your call" when its transferring the call to our receptionist. We have been dealing with it but its a bit unprofessional to call a firm to hear a message that says wait while we transfer yoru call and then get the receptionist.

Any way to bypass this event or setup time of day routing somewhere else.

Thanks.

5 Replies 5

j.house
Level 4
Level 4

After searching further I have located the problem. It would seem that someone, somehow placed the greeting from my call handler on the goodbye call handler.

Problem solved.

bdoitc
Level 1
Level 1

We have the same issue as described above, did anyone have a solution for this problem

thanks

Unity 4.2 offers the option to disable this promp on a per handler/subscriber basis in the SA(BulkEdit offers a way to change it for large numbers of users/handlers). For earlier versions of Unity you have to replace the prompt with a blank one (which is not TAC supported and the change will be wiped out on upgrdes) - looks like the forum purged some old posts so I don't have a snappy link to the instructions for doing this - if you are on an older version of Unity and can't get to 4.2, I can rewrite up the instructions for that. However, again, that is not TAC or BU supported.

would you be able to post the instructions for doing this

thanks

Another posting for removing two commonly requested prompts since the forum seems to have cleaned out older posts ? keep in mind there is a better way to do this with configuration options in Unity 4.2(1) and later ? this method is not TAC or BU supported and upgrades of any kind will wipe the change out and you?ll have to reapply it.

You need to replace the prompts in question with a silent prompt (basically blank but not quite empty) so that Unity's conversation code wont get cranky when it goes to look for a prompt it's expecting and it's not there. So, step one is to find a blank prompt. There are several. I suggest using:

\Commserver\Localize\Prompts\ENU\AvAddrSearch\AvAddrSearchENU003.WAV.

You want to copy this blank prompt over the prompts you don't want to hear. The two cases are listed here.

Remove the ?Wait while I transfer your call? prompt ? replace this prompt with the blank one above:

\Commserver\Localize\Prompts\ENU\AvPHGreet\AvPhGreet005.WAV

Remove the ?Record your message at the tone?? prompt ? replace these two prompts with the blank one above (both prompts say the same thing ? one is used for subscriber to subscriber messages, one is used for outside caller messages):

\Commserver\Localize\Prompts\ENU\AvPHGreet\AvPhGreet016.WAV

\Commserver\Localize\Prompts\ENU\AvPHGreet\AvPhGreet037.WAV

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: