Cisco Support Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

New Member

Call Transfer from a Directory Handler

Here is a strang one. We just installed a new Unity 4.03 server and imported the first 20 users. I put them in there own public distribution list (the other 170 users will be in a seperate list) and assigned it to a directory handler. Users can call there call handler and use the directory handler to find the subscriber in the department. The problem is when you selected the subscriber the call always goes directly to thier voice mail without ringing them. All of subscribers had the "Yes, ring subscriber's extension:" option set, which should have worked.

I got this it to work by selecting "Yes, ring subscriber at this number:" and putting thier same extension number in??? Once I have done that I can put it back to the "Yes, ring subscriber's extension:" option and it will still work.

Does anyone know why I am having to this? We have another 170 users to import and it doen't look like you can set this option with the bulk edit utility.

Thanks in advance!

Jack Taylor - ODOT Network Admin

Cisco Employee

Re: Call Transfer from a Directory Handler

Hmmm... my first guess would be something was out of whack with the subscriber template used to create those subscribers, but right off hand I wouldn't know what it would be. I'd want to take a look at one of the subscribers that had their transfers not working (presumably if you dial their extension directly from the opening greeting you have the same problem - this shouldn't be specific to transfers from the name lookup handler interface, they're the same).

I'd want to take a look at the Alternate contact rule that's associated with the call handler assigned to that subscriber (you can do this through DOHPropTest fairly easily) - in particular I'd want to see what the "Action", "timeExpires" and "Extension" fields were set to - these three determine what happens when the contact rule (transfer rule) is processed - I'm guessing one of them is not what it should be here for whatever reason.

And you may be able to clear this with Bulk Edit - on the "Transfer" tab you can select to enable the transfer, set it to supervised or release and then hit the "set transfer number to be subscriber's extension" option - this will go through and set the above three variables the way they should be - as such if something is wrong there, that will clear it. It may be worth doing this on a user that's not working and see if it clears it.

CreatePlease login to create content