cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Transfer from Unity Voice Mail Option

uni.lee
Level 1
Level 1

Hi! I am trying to setup call transfer from Unity VM option(option 4,4). When I setup the transfer number with option 2 it will take it and won't work.

I currently have Unity 4.04 and CM 4.13 in place. Do I have to have Cisco Unity Connection installed in the network to use this option?

If I check from Unity server page I see the transfer number which I entered from the phone.

Thanks,

Jena

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm a little confused by your post here... what's not working?

If you call into your Unity mailbox and set your transfer string and it's writing it through, that seems correct - but can you be a bit more specific about what's not working? If you call into the Unity opening greeting and dial your extension is it not ringing your phone like you want? Or is there a different flow involved here?

Unity Connection is a different voice mail system than Unity - there would be no need to have connection installed (it would have no effect on your Unity installation at all).

When you call your VM and you can change your transfer setting by "44" and if 2 is selected we can set to transfer to outside number(external numbers). Currently, if I change transfer options to "Yes, ring subscriber at this nuber" from VM it will be configured on the server but it won't work when I test it(it will still go to my VM instead of external number).

I am trying to do this becasue some users want to change their phone transfer options from their VM.

Could anyone help what problem is causing this?

Thanks,

Uni Lee

LARRY KEEFER
Level 1
Level 1

The call transfer feature only works if a caller reachs a subscriber indirectly via a directory handler or tranfer. If you call the extension directly, the call transfer feature will not be used.