cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Transfer Message

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Is there a way to disable the 'Please wait while I transfer your call' message when doing a release transfer from a call handler to another extension.<br><br>Thanks,<br>Chris<br><br>

10 Replies 10

Not applicable

There's no easy way to take this out with a setting change. You have to go in, get the prompt used to make that phrase and replace it with a blank prompt (you can't just delete it or the phrase server will get real cranky on you and send the caller to the fail safe conversation).

If you have nerves of steel and want to give this a go (and are ready to xcopy the original prompt set from your install CDs if you misstep) let me know...

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Does this also include the system message after the greeting "You may record you message at the tone or you may hold on for the operator.."? I have a request to turn that prompt off if I can??

Check out this thread for details on how to remove the prompt for the "you may record you message after the tone..."

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&type=bookmarks&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40.eeaf10d/0#selected_message

fromaj
Level 1
Level 1

can you tell me what .wav file contains the transfer message? Thanks.

Alan

Not applicable

OK... if you promise to be extra careful, understand that this isn't a suported operation and that future upgrades may (will) over write these changes and you'll have to do this again, here's the deal.

You need to replace the prompt in question with a silent prompt (basically blank but not quite empty) so that Unity's conversation code wont get cranky when it goes to look for a prompt it's expecting and it's not there.

So, step one is to find a blank prompt. There are several. I suggest using:

\Commserver\Localize\Prompts\ENU\AvAddrSearch\AvAddrSearchENU003.WAV.

You want to copy this blank prompt over the prompt you don't want to hear. That guy is:

\Commserver\Localize\Prompts\ENU\AvPHGreet\AvPhGreetENU005.WAV

This is the "Please wait while I transfer your call". This should do what you want. No reboot or anything like that should be required. I'd make a backup of the original prompt just in case you want to go back or this isn't the guy you really wanted to remove. You can also pull it from the original install CD if you get in a jam.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

I have followed the steps outlined here to replace the AvPhGreetEN005.wav with the AvAddrSearchENU003.wav. This removed the message about "Please wait while I transfer your call, however, I now get a short clip of what appears to be the hold music before the phone rings. Is this an additional message that is playing or is there another piece to this puzzle? I have verified that the sound I am hearing when calling in is not within the AvPhGreetEN005.wav file. My goal here is to give the impression that there is no automated system involved here. The desired perception should be that the call is reaching a live person with no auto-attendant type of interaction.

TIA

Aaron DiBari

The hold music snipet you're hearing must be coming from the switch... when Unity puts the caller on "soft hold" to dial the extension, hold music must be coming through before we release the call to the extension.

Thank you for your very fast response. Is there a way to disable the hold music for the "soft hold" process? It is not a major issue at this point, but my customer would like it to be a seamless process when calling in. Thanks again.

Aaron DiBari

Unity doesn't have any control over this - it's like when you hook flash manually to transfer someone - we can't make the switch not play hold there if that's what it's configured to do I'm afraid.

There might be some fancy footwork on the switch side of the fence but I don't know of any way around it myself.

If you are using Cisco Callmanager the music you are hearing is probably coming from the Network Hold Audio source of the voicemail port connecting call manager to Unity.

One possible fix is to create a new audio source with a second of silence or even ringing. The next thing to do is assign the voicemail ports that audio source.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: