Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Caller ID spoofing

Hello All,

We are using Unity 4.0.(4) with AA and Call Manager 4.1.(3). I was wondering if it is possible for outside caller to spoof the caller id in any ways.

An outside caller called in and dialed the ext. 4444. While he was listening to this user's voicemail greeting he dialed another extension (5555) and left his message on that extension. Now the user of ext. 5555 has got the voicemail but it's showing that the message is arrived from ext. 4444.

When I duplicate this scenario, the ext. 5555 was showing that message has arrived from Unity.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

1 REPLY

Re: Caller ID spoofing

Hi -

The Allow caller input setting is checked on the subscriber's Greeting page AND the Caller Input setting "Allow callers to dial an extension during greeting" is checked. That means a caller can dial an extension while listening to the greeting. The caller input allows the caller to enter DTMF tones via the telephone keypad, typically one would dial 0 here to reach a 0-out operator designation. But you can disable the "Allow callers to dial an extension during greeting" checkbox if you want to limit what callers can do. I believe the box is checked by default. Once the caller rolls to voicemail, the callerid of the subscriber is used for the transfer to the other extension.

Ginger

Views
Helpful
Replies