Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Bronze

Caller ID - Voice Mail Ports

Can anyone explain why the Caller ID is different on "DN Key" compared to the bottom line of the display on the phone? When we get calls coming from our Unity, it will display the correct Caller ID on the top of the phone next to the DN key receiving the call, but the the display at the bottom shows the voice mail port. Unity is receving the full caller ID. This is in relation to a system transfer. Thanks!

2 REPLIES
Community Member

Re: Caller ID - Voice Mail Ports

Hi Mike ! I believe this is because you're using Unity for AutoAttendant and incoming calls are hitting your AA first before they can get to an extension. I am seeing the same thing, CallerID on top and voice mail DN on the bottom of the phone display but not sure if this is a normal behavior. May be someone can help explains.

Danny

Bronze

Re: Caller ID - Voice Mail Ports

You are correct, I am using the Unity AA to take all incoming calls. I also posted this same question on the IP Telephony Forum because I wasn't sure if this is a Unity thing or CallManager thing. I did get a reason why, but not an answer if there is a "fix" for this. http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=IP%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.1ddb96c8

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content