cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller Input not working correctly

j.magee
Level 1
Level 1

Main # pointed to CTI RTPT which is CFWD ALL to VM pilot #. Routing rule for forwarded calls to point calls to Call Handler Greeting for Main #....Greeting gives callers choices to press 1, for Joe Smith, press 2, for John Jones and so on?.Up to this point all works well?.When I press any of the choices for the subscribers we go directly to the subscribers greeting?Caller Input is configured for Attempt Transfer and the Subscriber transfer setting is set for , Yes, Ring message recipient?s extension

What do you think?.Thanks in Advance

4 Replies 4

sposte
Level 1
Level 1

I would first check that if you dial the target subscriber's extension number the Unity does the transfer. If so the problem is the Call Handler. Create a test handler with the same Caller Input options and test.

When I dial the extension of the Subscriber the phone rings 4 times then fwd to Vm and plays the subscribers greeting?.I have been play around w/ all of the different config settings on the Call Handler and Subscriber and seem to work OK?Just the one that I need to work not working, go figure?Murphy was a phone man, I guess

So transfer works ok on the subscriber. Next step is create a test Call handler with the same options and confirm if it works.

Last resort: create a call handler which simply plays blank greeting and transfers to the subscriber extension - use that for the press 1 option etc.

Justin Brenton
Level 4
Level 4

Sounds like the call handler, i would recreate the call handler and see how that goes.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: