cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller System Transfer Caller ID

MikeTomasko
Level 4
Level 4

Is there any way to get the Caller System Transfer to display the Calling Party's number? If you dial our auto attendant and press the option for Call System Transfer, the destination phone will show the piolt number dialed and not the calling party's number. If you do it internally you get the calling name, but still the pilot number. Thanks!

7 Replies 7

bascheew
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having the same problem with CME/CUE. Did you find a solution yet?

A TAC representative told me that you cannot get around this functionality, but I find this hard to believe. Perhaps there is someway to get around this using a CUE script that will pass the caller ID. This is such a simple and fundamental function of phone systems that it just boggles my mind that the caller id can only display the AA pilot number until the handset is picked up. This renders caller ID completely useless as you can't tell who's calling until you pick up the phone!

I received the same response from a Cisco SE, and I agree that it is pretty ridiculous. One way I found to get around it is to set CUE to do a blind transfer...of course you have to get extremely creative with your scripts so that you don't dump callers into a black hole. Right now I have decided to just live with the "feature".

I did sort of get this to work for me. I edited the translation pattern for the calls coming into our mail pilot number to add a 99 to the beginning of the number before it sends it to our VM pilot number. Then I setup the routing rules in Unity to send anything starting with a 99 to our main auto attendant greeting. Then if you pick the option for the Caller System Transfer, you get the caller's name and number, but with a 99 in front of the number.

I'm having this problem with CME and Unity Express. It sounds like you're using Unity? Do you think a similar workaround might work for CUE?

I found out that this is a known bug with CUE 2.3.1. See details here: http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Bugtool/onebug.pl?bugid=CSCse31911&Submit=Search

The workaround is to go to the CUE and run

conf t

ccn subsystem sip

transfer-mode blind bye-also

The workaround means that CUE will no longer monitor transfers anymore, so you need to have a rock-solid autoatendant config or else a caller could get dumped into a black hole.

i know it is too much to ask, but

do you have any screen shot or any step by step instruction for that?

thanks