cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Callers getting cut off when leaving a voicemail

Jason Pennell
Level 4
Level 4

I'm having an issue when I call into a person's DID number from the PSTN and record a message longer than 40 seconds the audio is getting cut off approximately at the 40 second mark. If I call internally from an ip phone the recording doesn't get cut off.

I have multiple locations with a centralized Unity/CallManager at the host site. It seems to only be happening at this one remote location. When I call a DID and it rings through to Unity, I see that the port in the Unity Status Monitor says it's recording the message and it lets me leave a message up to 300 seconds without disconnecting me, however, when I go to listen to the message the audio gets cut off after approximately 40 seconds. If I leave a voice mail 60 seconds long I will hear the vm for 40 seconds and silence for another 20 and then I will get the Unity "if you'd like to save this message press 2,.....". So Unity isn't cutting me off or I'm not getting disconnected from the PSTN, just the audio is stopping. I can duplicate this every time.

Here's some background info:

-Unity 4.0.2 VM only

-CallManager 3.3.4sr2

-TSP 7.0.2 (I think) I can double check if needed.

-2620XM gateway voice gateway router running IOS c2600-ipvoice-mz.123-14T3.bin and communicates with CallManager using MGCP.

-Calls come into the 2620XM router via ISDN PRI.

I haven't had a chance to reboot the router, callmanagers or unity servers yet. I'm going to start with rebooting the router because it seems to only be happening at this one location but I wanted to see if anyone out there has seen this before or could offer some advice.

Thank you in advance for any information.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

you need this command in the rtr.

no mgcp timer receive-rtcp

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

you need this command in the rtr.

no mgcp timer receive-rtcp

Awesome, Thank you for the reply. I see now that it is a documented issue.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/prod_troubleshooting_guide_chapter09186a0080182b3b.html

I don't have remote access to the router so I can't try it right now, but I'll add that command first thing tomorrow.

Thank you very much.

Worked like a champ. Thank you again for your help!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: