cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Calling all VMO users

ecstillman
Level 1
Level 1

I've searched high and low for documentation on this product and found very little. I guess you get what you pay for since it's a free license with Unity; however, we cannot get it working and I simply don't understand enough about it to even troubleshoot.

Fundamentally, I would really like to know what event triggers the delivery of an email in the Unity message store to the Outlook client running VMO.

What parameter even tells VMO the location (IP address) of the mailstore?

We've run sniffers and see nothing coming from the client. And I doubt Unity will try to push the mail out since it has no idea that VMO exists, right? I'm talking strictly about RECEIVING email in Outlook. We can record and send but nothing comes inbound.

Perhaps we can put together a white paper if enough people reply ;)

Erik

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Erik,

I have tested this. If you choose the option in your mail client to leave a copy of the message on the server, the voicemail will be available as a saved message. If dialing in to Unity, you would choose 3 to review old messages.

Brandon

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

goldbergj
Level 1
Level 1

I'm not sure what you mean. VMO is just the embedded player you install for outlook which allows you to play the voicemails from within the message without launching an external player.

Is this the tool you are speaking of or do i have it confused with another of the ambiguous acronyms floating around :)

JG

There are certainly many acronyms but you got this one right. We believe to have a solution, using POP3, within Outlook. Since VMO will only play or record a voice mail, this method using POP3 will allow us to receive the messages in Outlook.

I did come across some documentation from way back in version 2.4 which explains that VMO is designed to play voice mail in Outlook once it gets delivered to the subscribers 'home' server. The word home in this sense would be the location of that subscriber's email. Once there Outlook pulls it in just like any other email.

http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/products/ps2237/c1693/ccmigration_09186a00800a09da.pdf

(see pages 89-92)

Erik

Brandon,

In our tests, the voice mails are not saved even if we leave a copy on the server. Have you actually tested it out and if so, what do you think might cause our experience?

Erik

Erik,

I have tested this. If you choose the option in your mail client to leave a copy of the message on the server, the voicemail will be available as a saved message. If dialing in to Unity, you would choose 3 to review old messages.

Brandon