Views
Helpful
Replies

Calling Number displaying wrong

Anthony Vinod
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Team, one of my client is facing the problem

Whenever a call is made from Cisco Phone to Mobile Phone it displays number which ends with 222, whereas external mask I have given as 164

Problem is only happening only for Ext 164, other extension displays proper number, can anyone tell me where to check what 

I don't see any translation pattern and I have not checked anything on GW yet

8 Replies 8

Suresh Hudda
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What you have set on route pattern under option "Use Calling Party's External Phone Number Mask" is this option checked ?

And, what do you see as calling number at gateway when u enable logs for a call ?

Suresh

Hi Suresh, I checked route pattern , "Use Calling Party's External Phone Number Mask"  unchecked

I could not check in Router because I by mistakenly turned on "debug mgcp all" and router went down, after struggling for half n hour the router came up

although I checked Dialed number analysis of another extension which displays correct calling number and could not find a single difference in both the output

Its quiet weird

Hi Anthony,

You cannot do any digit manipulations on MGCP gateway, can you attach below for a test call.

1) Call manager detail traces

2) Debug ISDN q931

3) Calling \ called number

JB

Hi JB, thanks for reply

Actually now I am not allowed to further work on this because of the escalation.

I had taken the DNA output of one working extension and not working extension which I am attaching and sorry I had to end this because I could not work because of restrictions

Initially Line CSS and device CSS was different and I changed later, which is not reflecting on the logs because I took logs before changes

DNA shows no issue, you will have to provide above information moving further.

JB

sure, thanks JB

Hi Anthony,

As this option (Use Calling Party's External Phone Number Mask) at route pattern is unchecked so whatever you have set on phone line's page (as u attached snap shot earlier) will not make any sense, as route patter's settings will overwrite it.

Is number which ends with 222 is pilot number ? might be service provider not converting it because your customer has not purchased number which ends with 164. So, best way to check at router end (debug isdn q931), if it shows ..164 there then you can check with service provider.

Moreover, below is the process to enable multiple debugs at a time, it will help preventing the router crash. Keep an eye on 'show processor cpu history' when enabling debugs one-at-a-time to ensure there is minimal impact.

term no mon

Conf t
service timestamps debug datetime msec
service timestamps log datetime msec
no service sequence-numbers 
no logging console
no logging monitor
logging buffered 10000000 7
end

Clear logging

enable logs now..!

After the call, stop the debug and save in a new text file by using below command.

show log

Suresh

Thanks Suresh, I will try if I can get these logs

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: