cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Callmanager 5.0 with Polycom 501 Sip Phones - Anyone get it to work??

smoran69
Level 1
Level 1

I have been trying for hours to get this to work but no go so far. Every time I boot the phone it shows not registered. I have no problem getting 7941 and 7961 phones to register. I also had no trouble getting the Polycom 501 to work with an Asterisk phone system. Has anyone had any experience with this model? Thanks in advance..

Sean

4 Replies 4

rhugo
Level 3
Level 3

Do you have "option 66" configured for your TFTP server INSTEAD of "option 150" I know you have to have this set in DHCP, if you are trying to config a SoundPoint 501 with CCM 5.0. Also, if you want to test just trying to set Static IP and VLAN on the phone menu interface FIRST. Here is the Polycom doc for the SoundPoint 501:

http://www.polycom.com/common/pw_cmp_updateDocKeywords/1,1687,4922,00.pdf

Thanks for your reply.. We are also supporting Cisco 7941/61 phones so I want to keep the option 150 setting for them. I understand that 3rd party phones must use a different tftp server so I have set that statically on the phone. I'm able to pull the config files from the tftp server no problem, it just won't register. I'll look over the doc you linked to and see if I missed anything in the polycom config.

Thanks,

Sean

Hi, I'm having the same problem you encountered. Can you share your fix with me?

I also need to support Cisco 7940/60/70 phones with Soundpoint 501 phones.

Thanks

Hi - Did you ever get the polycom sip 501's to work with cm 5.0? Heard of anyone getting them to work with cm 6.x?

What did you have to do to get them to work?

THanks.

Charles