cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Callmanager Conference Bridge features?

smolz
Level 4
Level 4

I am running CM 4.1.3 and have setup a conference bridge on the system. I have been asked about implementing some features on the system and cannot seem to find answers.

1- Is it possible to create the conference from a remote location via a cellphone?

2- Is it possible to setup the conference beforehand and have a "waiting room" where attendees are put first until the admin calls in, with a password, and opens the conference.

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Chris,

I hate to be a real "bummer" here, but...

neither of these features are available with the "built-in" MeetMe CCM Conference Bridge. You need to have access to an IP Phone to setup a MeetMe Conference. You can of course setup the MeetMe ahead of time but there will be no Waiting Room setup all attendees will just enter the bridge upon arrival.

There are Cisco products than can accomplish these type of configs. Cisco MeetingPlace and MeetingPlace Express.

Hope this helps!

Rob

That is what I figured, I just wanted to make sure that I was correct in thinking that.

Thanks!

If you have IPCC you can create a script that will keep the caller on hold and try a transfer to the meet me access number every so often. That's what we did and it seems to work pretty well..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: