Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Calls Coming from Unity

For the past two weeks or so I have had an increasing number of calls that are coming from the voicemail system. Some of these seem to be legitimate people dialing extensions from the main menu but others have been dead air when answered. Others still have left messages that are recordings of phone system menus. I.e. a call comes to a person originating from a voice mail number, they don't answer. they end up with a message and that message is a recording of one of the unity menus or in one case the person's own greeting. Has anyone seen this before or have any idea. I made some Call Handler changes right before this started but I have triple checked my settings and nothing seems to have anything to do this although I know it must.

Thanks for the help!

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Calls Coming from Unity

Dead air calls are likely folks who hung up during the transfer process - that's just a guess though.

For your other scenario, it'd be a real help if you could tell us _what_ menu's are being recorded... is it the notification conversation? If so some folks may have fat fingered their notification number or the like.

Lindborg,

Thanks for help. Unless we have all of a sudden gotten bombarded with prank callers the high occurence rate is very odd. It also somewhat just started happening.

Secondly as to the menus being recorded, one was the user's own greeting, the second I can't recall for sure but it included a press 9 and was a system menu

Thirdly I know you're probably not the person to ask but why do reply notifications always take so long, I didn't get yours till almost 2 hours after you posted it...............

Thanks very much!

I have seen in the past call handlers or menus that have a loop on them. We called them "ghost" calls. If someone called the main number, and it transferred or was not picked up or wherever, it started to go through the unity system... transferring to other call handlers, or itself, then all of sudden, showing up at the main desk, or something of that sort.

Check your CallHandlers there is a final destination for all end points.

Cisco Employee

For the dead air calls, another possibility is misconfigured pager notification device.

You might try using CUDLE to look at the Unity NotificationDevice table to see if you can determine if a pager notification device is incorrectly dialing the phone of a person reporting the problem.

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_CUDLE.htm

If you find there is a rogue device, you can use the System Administration to change the settings or disable it.

Views
Helpful
Replies