cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Calls inbound and outbound failing - Need to issue "No MGCP" "MGCP" command

miked
Level 1
Level 1

We provide contracted Day 2 support for customers. We have had many issues lately where complaint is "no inbound or oubound calls". Gateways are all MGCP (various makes and models) with varying levels of Call Manager versions (4.0.2, 4.1.3, and 4.2.3 mainly). IOS versions are all in the 12.4 range and are supported LD or ED code. WHen the issue arises "sho MGCP" shows normal binding and registration and gateways are registered in Call Manager. THe only way to get these sites alive is to reboot the router or issue "no mgcp" then "mgcp" and it immediately resolves the issue.

Has anyone else run into this lately? I have run out of places to look _ TAC not much help and was hoping it was code but subsequent revisions do not resolve this problem.

Looking for suggestions while local Cisco folks take a peek.

3 Replies 3

gkeel
Level 1
Level 1

That must be a common problem with the MGCP gateways. I have numerous Cisco 2811 voice gateways all with VIC2-4FXO cards and have had the issue just as you describe. I believe that vers 12.3(11)T6 may have been the last code release that I did not have the issue with.

So far I have not found a remedy.

Please post if you find anything. We're running 12.3(11)T9 on several 2821s, some of which have VIC2-4FXOs, HW revision 5.0. CCM version is 4.1(3); MGCP 0.1

Haven't noticed any problems yet, though.

This is a common problem across many platforms and software versions. Can also be due to configuration on router, etc.

Did any of the interfaces bounce before the issue happened - look at router logs and see what happened.

I have seen this less and less with recent versions of code, but it depends.

I would run MGCP debugs to a syslog server, and do CCM Detailed traces and SDL traces and when issue happens next review the traces and router debugs and see what happened before the issue started. That way hopefully you can see what series of events triggered a problem.