cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Calls not routing to default attempt to sign in route...

malcolmpowell
Level 1
Level 1

Calls to VM are not following the default route of attempt sign in. When I run call viewer and dial VM from an extension, the dialing ID does not show up...

Ideas anyone?

9 Replies 9

MikeTomasko
Level 4
Level 4

I'm assuming you are using CallManager. If so, check your translation patterns, route patterns, gateways...etc. to be sure you are sending the digits to Unity. What do you see in call viewer for Calling Party?

MikeTomasko
Level 4
Level 4

By the way, what do users get when they dial the VM number?

Check your routing rules.

malcolmpowell
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Mike - It's an NEC NEAX 2400. It looks like the system is not sending the digits. The NEC ASYDL has index 400 bit b2 which is defined as "Calling number information sent to MCI" this value is set to 0 instead of 1 - not sure but I think that may be the answer..

NEC Integration is new to me.........

How do you have the NEC hooked into the Unity? Dialogic? PIMG?

Thanks

analog trunks - Dialogic boards

malcolmpowell
Level 1
Level 1

I now know that the PBX is passing the extension, but in Call Viewer the calls are identifying as EXTERNAL instead of INTERNAL calls but they are local extensions on the NEC PBX.

I think the issue is that Unity is seeing the extensions as EXTERNAL - the question is WHY???

The external vs. internal flag is meaninless - Unity does not use it and it will always be external.

The only thing that matters is if it's a direct or forwarded call, the forwarding reason (if appropriate) the calling number, forwarding number and dialed number.

if it's a direct call from a calling number that matches an extension of a subscriber, we'll route you to attempt sign in by default. If you've placed another rule in the direct outing rules then, of course, all bets are off.

In this case the only routes are the default routes and Attempt Sign-in is priority. The PBX is sending the extension andit appears as a direct call. The wildcard may be that this is a temporary dual integration- old Unity 2.x system and new Unity 4.2 system on MCI. From an extention defined ONLY in the new Unity system; If you dial "6000" the old Unity performs Attempt to Sign-in and everything is fine, if you dial "6600" (the new system where the extension is defined), you get the standard welcome greeting...

Jeff,

You stated that the interal/external flag is not used by Unity. I've observed that CallManager and PIMG both always present as "internal", regardless of the origin specified in the PIMG config.ini or the call classification set in CallManager.

A) Is this your observation? B) Why does Unity have options then in the Call Routing Rules to process based upon origin? This would be very useful.

Respectfully,

Stephanie

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: