cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can CUE with CCM license run on CME ?

shahedvoicerite
Level 1
Level 1

I have a CUE system, which is licensed for Call Manager (not expresss).

I have the NM-CUE installed on a 2811 ISR, with CCME 4.0 running IOS 12.4.7, and did the initial CUE CLI setup, to configure NTP, System Clock, etc.

When I start the CUE Web Config wizard, it asks me for jtapi / ccm info, which I do not have, as I want to use it with my CME.

With the license that I have,

1. Is it possible to run it on CME rather than CCM ?

If Not, then

2. Can I manually create users from the CUE CLI and just create a dial-peer in CME to route calls to voice mail in CUE ?

I dont care if MWI does not work.

As far as I know, the only relationship in CUE with CCM or CCME, is the initial user import and perhaps MWI.

Is there any other kind of interaction that makes CUE controlled by CCM different from CME ?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Correct. I believe the cost is based on the number of mailboxes, not the integration type. And yes, the downloads are based on the honor system.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Markus Schneider
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

1) Sort of. A CCM licensed CUE on a CME system has the same limitations as a CUE in SRST mode. That is, MWI will not work and you can't import users (you can create them, you just can't import them from CME).

2) Yes. You can create users (user xyz create from the command-line prompt); assign phone numbers to them (from config mode: user xyz phonenumber 1234) and create a voicemail box for the users (from config mode: voicemail owner...). You can do everything in the CLI that you can from the GUI with the exception of import (which won't work anyway since you've go the wrong license).

You can still use the GUI; you would just have to skip the init wizard.

That said, if you're doing this as a new install, it's pretty easy to switch the license. Just do a 'software install clean '. You don't have to re-install everything.

Thanks, that was really helpful :-)

After a lot of browsing on the cisco site, I did eventually get what I was looking for, i.e a link to

http://www.cisco.com/kobayashi/sw-center/sw-voice.shtml

from where I can download the licenses, and packages for CUE, to do a complete re-install, if required.

I assume I have to purchase / exchange the license I have, before downloading the software, but that the licensing is not enforced ?

Correct. I believe the cost is based on the number of mailboxes, not the integration type. And yes, the downloads are based on the honor system.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: