cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can I Install CSA on Unity via RDP or vnc?

master001
Level 2
Level 2

Hello guys,

I could install csa on CCM successfully via RDP(remote desktop program).

Has anybody tried install csa on Unity via rdp or vnc? I would like to share some experience. Thanks.

Howard

4 Replies 4

sopayne
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Howard,

I couldn't find a specific reference citing that it's ok to install CSA on Cisco Unity (not Unity Connection) via RDP or VNC, but I did find the Release Notes reference CSA install via RDP/VNC on Unity Connection: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/prod_release_note09186a0080623fa6.html#wp546908

Since there's no specific reference for installing CSA for Unity saying "no RDP or VNC", but there is a reference to the same access methods on Unity Connection, it's safe to assume that installing CSA on Unity via RDP or VNC is not supported (otherwise, it would be specified in the Release Notes).

I hope this helps.

I ran into problems (once) installing CSA via RDP because it disables the network connection during the install.

Below is excerpted from the release notes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Caution Do not install Cisco Security Agent for Cisco Unity by using

Windows Terminal Services, or the installation will fail.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't know about VNC..

Tom

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

you should be ok with VNC, but cisco recommends to only install it at the console. Terminal Services is a no no. Causes issues with Unity

Hi -

Terminal Services CONSOLE Only Mode is the no-no. It will break Unity - you will see event log errors 822 and will require a reboot of the server to correct. Remote Desktop client works fine with Unity. Also Cisco recommends not doing TSP install/upgrade via terminal services due to the wav drivers.

Ginger

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: