Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Can I reset UnityMsgStoreSvc Password ?

I never had the UnityMsgStoreSvc password included in any handover documentation. I need this password as part of the Unity Fax install. Can I reset this password in AD ? and where is it referenced within Unity, is it just in the services startup and if so, which ones ? Or is there are way to "reveal" the password stored on the Unity server somewhere ?

Any help would be appreciated.

1 REPLY

Re: Can I reset UnityMsgStoreSvc Password ?

Hi -

Yes - you can reset the password for this account in AD. Caveat if you do, make this change during a scheduled downtime as you will want to stop/restart Unity to test it. Meaning your services will continue to run using the existing account/password until you stop/start Unity or reboot. You will need to rerun the following Unity utilities - here is the order:

1. Change password in AD

2. Rerun the Services wizard - this will change all services that use the Unitymsgstoresvc account and is a lot easier than changing each service manually

3. Rerun the Message Store Services wizard

4. Stop/restart Unity or reboot

5. Test sending voice message and monitor Application/Event system logs

Here is a structured approach using the reconfiguration guide - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_upgrade_guides_chapter09186a0080205a83.html

Ginger

Views
Helpful
Replies