cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can I run DiRT restore to a Unity server without first install the license

dtran
Level 6
Level 6

I am building a lab server running Unity 4.0.3 with Exchange 2k on box. My intention is I am trying to validate the DiRT backup of my production Unity server by doing a DiRT restore to the lab server, and not sure if I need to install the license file on the lab server first before running the DiRT restore. Does anybody know ?

Thanks in advance !!!

Danny

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

yes - you can do this by applying the "demo license" that comes by default with all Unity installs and it'll come up - however items in the license that were on your backup (i.e. for language support) wont work on the new system, of course, and you'll get barked at if you add new users since, of course, you'll be over your limit and such. But the restore works fine and the system will come up and if you then apply the full license on the restored system, it'd be good to go.

Hello Jeff ! I have completed installing Unity on a lab server with the 90-day demo license file I requested from cco and ready to do the DiRT restore. But for some reasons Unity is taking a long time to start up every time I rebooted tbe server (roughly about 20 minutes), do you know why ?

And also do you see any issues connecting the lab server on the same network as the production server. They are both in their own forest/domain.

Thanks Jeff !!!

Danny

Jeff,

attached is the Application log from the Unity Lab server.

Thanks Jeff !!

Danny