Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Can not get DIRT backup scheduled

I have a Unity 7825 that is a 16 port stand alone, VM only configuration. Which requires it to be a domain controller and has installed AD, DNS, and exchange 2000 installation.When I am logged in as administrator or Unity Install account, I can not schedule dirt backup. It tells me the username attempting to access the message store does not have "send as" "recieve as" rights to the message store. I have verified that the administrator account is setup as Domain admin and greater privileges are assigned. Any ideas??

Also I have a factory HP tape drive, with the Yosemite Backup software. Do I need to use dirt to backup or can the tape drive do the same thing for me? Any problems restoring from the tape drive?

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: Can not get DIRT backup scheduled

Did you read through the DiRT help on this topic? Giving the account domain admin rights is exactly the type of thing that will burn you - MS locked down access to the message store for members of certain groups - including Domain admins...

Check out the section in the help file that talks about how setup an account for this and go from there.

Views
Helpful
Replies