Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't hear sound when call using Cisco Expressway

Ferdi0802
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have deployed Expressway C and E in my lab to try Jabber without VPN from internet. I can successfully login from internet. The problem is when I make a call to the client which is registered directly to CUCM, jabber is ringing, but I can't hear sound from both clients (using Jabber windows 9.7 for calling and called parties).  My Expressway E deployment is using one leg with static NAT. I have open firewall from inside to public IP Expressway E and vice versa.

Also if I call from inside to Jabber Expressway, It will fail with service unavailable.error message from call history in Expresswawy C.

My topology looks like this:.

internet <--> firewall (apply static NAT to Expressway E) <---> Router <--> switch --- UCS server (Expressway C and E in same subnet)

7 Replies 7

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

When configuring the traversal zone, make sure you put in a DNS name that resolves to the public IP not the NATed IP. 

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/articles/vcs_benefits_placing_expressway_dmz_not_public_internet_kb_196.html

Please rate useful posts.

Do you mean Expressway C should be able to communicate with Expressway E's Public IP address?

Thats correct. Its how the SDP messages are sent etc.

Please rate useful posts.

mcibanez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm facing the same issue... Did you ever find out the solution?

Thanks in advance,

Carmen

Hi,

I'm changing my topology so that my VCS-E use dual network interface with static NAT and it works. I can't configure NAT reflection on my firewall, that's why I decide to change my topology

Thanks for your reply. I'm trying to do that change too, although in this new scenario I'm facing connectivity problems ... let's see if eventually I can make it work

mrmhar1408
Level 4
Level 4

Ferdi,

I want to enable Cisco Jabber as well without VPN but really facing a lot of difficulties to do that

Could you please tell me the easy way to do implementation and tested with minimum configurations

Thanks in advance