Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't import new subscribers from Exchange

Click Blue Plus Sign. Click on Import Existing Exchange User, Select. Search for the first name of the exchange user that I want to import, select and add the extension. Click Add.

Screen says "Processing - this will take a moment. Thanks for your patience." Just sits at this screen until you close the window.

or sometimes it throws this error --

"An unrecognized error 0x80010105 has occurred: The server threw an exception.

The new subscriber was not successfully added."

If I get the screen that just appears to be frozen then I can not stop and start the AvDSAD service with out ending the AvDSAD.exe process.

"Could not stop the AvDSAD service on Local Computer Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion."

If I get the "unrecognized error 0x80010105" then I can just stop and start the AvDSAD service and everything is ok.

While all of this is happening AvDSAD.exe CPU utilization is at 50 for, and has been for a long period of time.

Everything is ok for some time and then the same issue comes back. Stopping and starting the service is a work around, I need to get down to the root cause of this issue.

Any help on with this issue is greatly appreciated.

Unity 4.0(5) UM Exchange 2003 Offbox

Thanks -- Jason

Jason Nies
Collaboration Principal Architect :: ePlus Technology, Inc.
Single Number Reach :: +1 (763) 577-3965
Email | Video | Webex :: jason.nies@eplus.com
4 Replies 4

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Jason -

At this point, Unity's unitydirsvc account (directory facing) is populating the user's account record with subscriber specific information, such as the user's extension. I would check the user to make sure inheritance is checked. You can inspect the user's account in ADUC, using View Advanced Features, to observe the Security tab and make sure both the directory service account and message store service account have the correct permissions. Another think to check would be that the Unity permissions wizard has been run for the domain hierarchy in which this user's account resides. Does this happen with just this one account or all accounts in this domain? Another thing you may want to do is start micro traces for DSAD in the Unity Diagnostics Tool. You could then attempt reimport of the user and observe the resultant diag files.

Ginger

It is not specific to this one account, because as soon as I stop and start AvDSAD then I can import this user and other users than in a week or two we will need to import some users and they will fail, we will then stop and start the AvDSAD service and then it will work again for awhile.

Jason Nies
Collaboration Principal Architect :: ePlus Technology, Inc.
Single Number Reach :: +1 (763) 577-3965
Email | Video | Webex :: jason.nies@eplus.com

m.devos
Level 1
Level 1

Jason,

Exact same error, same setup. Did you find a solution? Or TAC case ID that I could refer to?

Thanks,

Matthijs

gpulos
Level 8
Level 8

try to use the Global Subscriber Manager within the Unity Tools Depot.

this should work every time. if so, you may want to verify all your SRs, patches, etc. for your unity, exchange, windows versions.

i've seen this and needed to do an SR/patch update to resovle.