cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

can't record call hdlr greeting

rvincent
Level 1
Level 1

customer has unity 4.0.4. Admin is trying to record greeting on a call handler. when she browses in and sets option, unity rings her phone and connects but the media record button goes from red to gray and the pause button starts blinking. nothing else can be done.

she's tried using a different pc, same result.

anyone seen this ?

thanks

Rob

3 Replies 3

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello -

Is DCOM communication enabled on the subscriber workstation? The Media Master will not work when DCOM communications are blocked. Here is the Unity Troubleshooting Guide for Media Master for your version - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/prod_troubleshooting_guide_chapter09186a008022b4dc.html#wp1067550

You can verify DCOM is enabled by going into Component Services. You can open an MMC on the user's desktop and add the Component Services snap-in. Expand the Computer folder until you see My Computer. Right-click and select Properties. Select tab Default Properties and make sure the box is checked for "Enable Distributed COM on this computer". The troubleshooting guide also mentions a few other things to check.

Sincerely,

Ginger

ginger

I will definitely check this out. Thanks for the media doc.

Rob

Hi

I having similar issue and enable DCOM. My symptom is

The recording device is an IP Phone. The IP Phone will ring but when I pick up the handset nothing is recorded. My browser just freeze. If I hang up Unity will try and call the IP Phone again. If I check the status on the IP Phone by pressing the ? symbol I can see IP Phone only send packets but not receiving any packets from Unity.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: