Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Can Unity and CallManager coreside?

Hi Pros,

For lab purposes, can Unity and CallManager be placed on the same server?

Thanks,

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can Unity and CallManager coreside?

Hi -

There may be additional reasons for not installing CallManager and Unity on the same server, but here is the one I thought of - CallManager uses a subset of the Windows operating system. Specific services are disabled by the imaged OS, which is NOT compatible with that required by Unity. Even though this will be a lab environment, if at all possible, I would dedicate two servers. For the longest time, we were using a DL320 as our test CCM. I have a DL380G1 for one test Unity that has mirrored drives - pretty much because I don't want to rebuild Unity just for doing a hotfix test or upgrade test and it all goes south - just revert the mirrored drives and boot off the original. I was thinking both onbox would cause problems with the ports-TAPI integration, but I couldn't find anything to substantiate this thought.

Ginger

2 REPLIES

Hi -

There may be additional reasons for not installing CallManager and Unity on the same server, but here is the one I thought of - CallManager uses a subset of the Windows operating system. Specific services are disabled by the imaged OS, which is NOT compatible with that required by Unity. Even though this will be a lab environment, if at all possible, I would dedicate two servers. For the longest time, we were using a DL320 as our test CCM. I have a DL380G1 for one test Unity that has mirrored drives - pretty much because I don't want to rebuild Unity just for doing a hotfix test or upgrade test and it all goes south - just revert the mirrored drives and boot off the original. I was thinking both onbox would cause problems with the ports-TAPI integration, but I couldn't find anything to substantiate this thought.

Ginger

If you can get a good processor speed and atleast 2 gigs of ram, you can run two sessions of vmware with cm on one and unity on other.

Sankar.

Views
Helpful
Replies