cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot access individual subscribers in the Unity SA.

cjrchoi11
Level 1
Level 1

I'm upgrading the Unity 3.1(5) to 4.0(5) in the NT4.0/Ex5.5 off box environment and problem on the service configuration wizard step but looks the Unity is running okay except cannot access the individual subscribers in the SA menu. display the subscriber is okay but always showing a specific users even select the others. I found the [DirectoryId] set to <NULL> for all of subscribers.

Can I resolve the subscriber accessing issue as now even not success the full migration steps?

Thanks in advance,

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If the DirectoryID is NULL that means the directory sync did not work (or was not done at all) - how, exactly, did you do the migration? A straight upgrade would not remove the DirectoryId values in the database - was this a rebuild/reinstall?

You can force the directory synch to kick off manually if you want by running "setup -sync" from the \commserver\configurationsetup\ folder - this wont hurt anything regardless but it will go through and try to synch any accounts for users/DLs that are not linked to a directory account. If this does not work you'll want to look at the SQLSyncSvrxxx.log file in the \commserver\logs directory and open a TAC case.

rebuilt the Unity server in the new box by DiRT restore and upgrading. the Unity was full operational for a week after rebuild but problem happen during upgrading.

I ran "Run all Upgrade Scripts" via the command. \commserver\configmgr.exe and had error message "m_strInstallerSubscriberObjectId.GetLength() <=0 Error:0x80004005. Unspecified error"

Is the "setup -sync" command is different which I did?

Thanks,