Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot call All_Sub PDL

aamercado
Level 4
Level 4

HI

405 - When I call into Unity and hit a conversation or greeting, I try to dial the all-sub pdl default extension and never can hit it. I thought I can dial any ext that unity has and it will hit that ext greeting. Please advise?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You cannot direct dial a distribution list - the extension numbers on PDLs are for addressing purposes only. If you'd like outside callers to be able to leave messages for a public distribution list, you need to configure a call handler with the message recipient configured as that PDL - then you can assign an extension number to the call handler if you like or have a one key dial rule configured to go to it or whatever. Messages left for that call handler are sent to the distribution list.

I have over 170+ PDL so does that mean I have to create a Callhandler for each one?

Typically, it will be a subscriber who will leave a message for the respective PDL.

Thanks

subscribers can leave messages for DLs by logging into their account and leaving a message like they would for another subscriber (i.e. by addressing by ID or by spelling the name) - call handlers are necessary only if you want users to be able to dial an ID from the auto attendant (i.e. without logging into their mailbox first) - this is only necessary if you want to have outside callers leaving messages for these DLs.