Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Cannot dial phone from VMO TRAP

When trying to play a message back from the TRAP bar to the phone. I receive an error "The phone number specified cannot be dialed due to a restriction in your class of service."

The only restriction that I could imagine it would be would be the restrriciton table. I created a no restriction group that should let everything out and I get the same message.

Thoughts?

Steve

5 REPLIES
Community Member

Re: Cannot dial phone from VMO TRAP

They had multiple domains. The issue was resolved by adding the domain\domain users account (from the other domain/domains) to the local users group on the Unity server.

Community Member

I have found this post which accurately describes what I am seeing.. Users in a domain other than the one Unity resides in get the message message "The phone number specified cannot be dialed due to a restriction in your class of service."

I have added the "domain users" group to the local "users" group on the Unity server as described above, but this hasnt solved the issue, i still get the message.

In the class of service within unity there are NO dial strings that are not allowed, so cant be a restriction there, and when using a domain account within the local domain to the Unity box, it works.

Finally, i have run the "grantunityaccess" util for each of the subscribers in the other domain.

Anyone have any ideas?

Any help greatly appreciated..

Community Member

When you try to play/record over the phone from a PC in the other domain, do you see a dialog box popping up, asking for subscriber credentials?

Community Member

no, previously i did, but after running grantunityaccess and mapping the logon account in the other domain to the unity subscriber it seems to get past the authentication..

in case it helps, the "other" domain is an NT4 domain. External trusts are setup both ways..

Community Member

Which version of VMO and Unity are you using?

Can you switch on micro traces for the TrapConnector component - all levels - in the Unity Diagnostic Tool and email them to me?

Also, can you make sure the phone extension you enter in VMO confirms to your dial plan?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content