Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cannot upload file to TFTP on Subscriber

All,

I have an 8.5 cluster (pub and sub). I'm trying to upgrade the phone firmware for one phone by uploading a file to tftp.

I can upload the zip file successfully to the pub, but when I try the same thing on the sub in OS Administration, I get 'Waiting for response from <sub IP>'

in the status bar of the Upload File dialog box, and stays that way, never uploads.

DB status is good, 2 on both boxes. TFTP service started on both servers.

The other odd thing is that i can restart services for both servers from the pub, but when i try to restart services on the pub from the sub i get an error message that i cannot connect to the remote node (pub).

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

1 REPLY

Cannot upload file to TFTP on Subscriber

I am not quite sure if what you are doing is a special requirement but generally for upgrading phone firmware, you need to download the COP file from CCO and use the Install/Upgrade drop down from CUCM, starting with Publisher and then the subscirber.

Usually the error message states that their is a Tomcat certificate issues between the Pub/Sub. You should be able to go directly to the sub and restart the service. To fix the issue, is the Tomcat cert signed by a 3rd party CA, if yes then it will have to resigned. If its not, the Tomcat certificate will have to be regenerated and Tomcat service restart. This could also happen if you have a user with UserID administrator.

Please rate useful posts.

Please rate useful posts.
Views
Helpful
Replies