cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cant retrieve voicemail from phone, but do get emailed messages

jjoseph01
Level 3
Level 3

Hi, this is my first post, so forgive me if I dont do something right here. First, my hardware: I have Unity 4.0.2 running on a Win2000 server. I also have Exchange2000 environment. The problem is this: when I try to access my voicemail from my cisco7960 phone, it asks for a password, I type it in, and it gives the following message: "Sorry, this system is temporarily unable to complete your call. Please try again later." When someone leaves me a message, I can get to it via Exchange email sent to me, with no problem. But I can not login to my phone and get them. I checked event viewer on the server and get these messages below:

Unity was unable to retrive the mailbox for the subscriber to verify the status of the mailbox. Unity needs to know if the mailbox has the ability to send and recive mails. Possible reasons could be a missing mailx, which can be determined through DBWalker or a corrupt memory. Technical information IAvDohMailUser::get_PrimaryMailbox returned [0x8004000c] on line 199 of file e:\views\Unity4.0.2.122\un_Core2\ConversationEng\AvStateSvr\AvSGetMailboxStatus.cpp. Check the return code through DohErrorTest tool.

AND

Unity was unable to determine the mailbox status for the subscriber. Unity needs to know if the mailbox has the ability to send and recive mails. Technical details - GetMailboxStatus returned [0x8004000c] on line 98 of file e:\views\Unity4.0.2.122\un_Core2\ConversationEng\AvStateSvr\AvSGetMailboxStatus.cpp.

Im not sure where to go at this point. I do know that some users CAN get to thier voicemail from thier phone, while a few others CANNOT.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

32 Replies 32

None yet. Had to put it off over the weekend, on a project now. Will probably get back to it Wednesday. Thanks for asking, Ill get back with you guys for sure.

Guys, I hate to admit this one, but the problem was that I didnt have the following checked:

Set subscriber for self-enrollment at next login

I checked that, and the user was able to do what they needed to after that. Thanks for your help.

All, I spoke too soon on this. It got the user in once and when they set thier voice mail up, all was good, but when they tried to go back in, it did the same thing: system...... Back to square one.

I think you have a Unity access problem to your Exchange server. I can't recall.. is this on one users or all users they can't access their voicemail via the TUI interface?

Its on one user in particular, but the funny thing is that I created a new user today in unity and his works fine. Not sure what is going on with that one user, thought about deleting thier unity account and adding it back. any thoughts?

I have seen this before also.

2 things....

1... has the subscriber been moved to a new OU in AD?

2. Go into the user account in AD, check his/her exchange permissions and compare them to a user that is working. You could UnityMSGstrsvc or someother unity could be missing from your mystery person.

Otherwise.... tell the person tough... delete them from the Unity... they will stay in AD. Wait about 15 minutes for AD to play catchup... then import the user back in to Unity through SA. All the Unity Attributes will be added back in.

cheers

havent forgotten this, will probably get back on this this coming week. Thanks for the patience and help so far. will post when I start back on it.

Hello,

I am currently working this exact same issue with no resolution so far. I have verified all security is correct. I have deleted the subscriber and recreated. Upon suggestion of our senior engineer I even tried moving the user in AD from one store to another just for kicks. I've restarted the server. Basically everything I could think of as well as what I've read in the forum. I had a TAC case open but the initial response offered two suggestions that didn't even apply to our environment, so I replied requesting further assistance.

We had this happen one other time over a year ago and after extensive troubleshooting with TAC we decided to recreate the user in AD. That caused major issues with people attempting to reply to old messages in e-mail due to the SID changing, not going through that again.

Has anyone found the cause or solution to this??? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Luckily the affected user has been very patient and understanding but I'd like to get the issue resolved.

Thanks,

Jason

I too have this exact issue, and having read the entire thread it doesn't look like a resolve has ever been found.

Jason, did you get any luck with the TAC case?

Best regards

Rob

Hello Rob,

The answer is yes and no... My case ended up being esculated to one of the "best of the best" TAC engineers, IMO. After using a multitude of troubleshooting tools he was able to find the culprit.

When a subscriber is created/imported in Unity an attribute called 'Cisco Search Folders' is added to the user in AD. That user did not have that attribute so Unity is unable to access the Exch Inbox correctly. It's been a while since that case and I'm not a guru on either side, so my references may not be exact but the 'Cisco Search Folders' is/was the issue. The unfortunate outcome is that although he had reference of this exact same issue with another customer, a resolution was never found other then attempting to re-create the AD ID.

I'll dig back through my "TAC files" and see if I can provide any more info.

Good luck, and if by chance you are lucky enough to make a breakthrough on resolving this issue, I would GREATLY appreciate an update.

Regards,

Jason

Hello Jason,

That would be a great help. What ever you can provide.

Many thanks Jason.

Rob

Hello Rob,

I dug the case up from TAC and copied all the case notes minus our network info and engineer info in the attachment. I hope it helps.

Regards,

Jason

Thank you for your help Jason. The notes seems to stop before the fix has been found though.

I have been doing some of my own research and have stumbled across what seems a promising application - Global Subscriber Mgr.

Will keep you informed if I find a breakthrough.

Regards

Rob

Rob,

You are correct unfortunately, that's how the case ended.... Like I said in my reply to your post yesterday, although TAC found the problem they could not provide a solution besides re-creating the user in AD/Exchange. Good luck to you and I would definitely be intereseted to hear if you find a resolution.

Regards,

Jason

allan.fitzwater
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, i have been hit with this problem this morning with about 10 users and have run through all the good advice on here. It is frustrating that there seems to be no reason for this, but I have found the following seems to fix the problem, certainly for the two users I have tried it on so far. I just set the user to self enrollment, save the settings, then uncheck that box and save the settings again. I don't know why this would get things working again but at least it is a good workaround until someone enlightens us further. I have had the user access unity from the tui multiple times and it has not recurred so far...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: