cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM 4.2 SQL version mismatch

ktran-anet
Level 1
Level 1

All other boxes in the cluster are showing SQL version 8.00.2050 except one box that I have just recently added showing version 8.00.2039.

I'm not a SQL guy. Any instructions on how to bring this one to the same version level as the others would be greatly appreciated. I don't see any replication issue here though, just wanted to make sure the version aligns.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

The OS SR will cause reboots, but there is no reason to do anything to the cluster. You certainly wouldn't want to remove a server from the cluster for any reason (unless you've no intention of putting it back).

You can run every server in your cluster on different OS versions; it's the version of CCM that is most important (though obviously it's good practice to be consistent and up-to-date).

So in summary - just run it same as you did before.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

As I recall, the SQL patches/SRs are included in the OS updates.

If you run the 'OS Version' applet from the Start Menu, are they all on the same version/SR of the Cisco OS build?

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Yes they are. Obviously, that was the first thing I looked at and be sure the OS and SR's are the same before I join it to the cluster. The only think left I know I must do is to reboot the cluster which I have already scheduled in 2 weeks time. So I think it's a good time to upgrade the SQL version to the same level as the others and reboot them all. 

Hi

Well - that version of SQL appears to be associated with MS08-040. If you check the release notes for the latest version of your OS, you should be able to see where it was introduced; probably in whatever SR you are running. It might be worth re-running that, or extracting the patch from it (I think they actually go into a temp directory somewhere in program files, so you might find it there and run the SQL patch on it's own). Failing that just get the patch from MS and install it.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Alright, thanks for the hint. I think I would need a hotfix of MS08-040 (win-K9-MS08-040-Windows2000.exe). Unfortunately, I couldn't find this file from CCO. There is a next version up, i.e. win-K9-MS08-045-Windows2000.exe. Any words about this version of hotfix?

Hi

Well, no.. you want to keep within the patches that Cisco have tested and published for you...

Did you try reapplying the SR?

Try taking a look for a directory like this:

C:\Program Files\Cisco\Updates\2003.1.x_common

There should be something similarly named that contains the various patches that make up the SR.

Regards

Aaron

Just looked and compared the folders you have mentioned (mine is C:\Program Files\Cisco\Updates\2000.4.x_common) and I have noticed that there are different in size and also number of files. Would it be any problem reinstalling the SR while it is connected to the cluster? Should I do it offline then reconnect it?

Hi

The OS SR will cause reboots, but there is no reason to do anything to the cluster. You certainly wouldn't want to remove a server from the cluster for any reason (unless you've no intention of putting it back).

You can run every server in your cluster on different OS versions; it's the version of CCM that is most important (though obviously it's good practice to be consistent and up-to-date).

So in summary - just run it same as you did before.

Regards

Aaron

You're the man. Reinstalling the SR appears to get it back on track. Thanks a lot for your information and I really appreciate it.

No problem

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: