cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM 6.0 install with DNS error

jfladouceur
Level 4
Level 4

hi, i am having problems installing communication manager 6.0 with dns. I have an error message saying "host name returned by DNS server for IP address does not agree with the locally defined hostname. There is a configuration mismatch."

My dns server can ping the call manager, and if I ping the host name of the call manager it works as well

do i need any special configuration on the call manager?

see attachement...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

pklos
Level 4
Level 4

This means that you hostname or FQDN attached to IP address on DNS server is different than defined during installation.

--

regards,

pk

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

pklos
Level 4
Level 4

This means that you hostname or FQDN attached to IP address on DNS server is different than defined during installation.

--

regards,

pk

Hi

I have same your problem. Did you resolve this issue?

Thanks

hi, yes I did fix it. The problem for me was I was using host names with capital letters in my Linux install. And a windows DNS server. Linux is more case sensitive then windows. Even though I created the same names in windows with the capital letters it didn't work...Windows brought them down to small letters. By using a host name with no capital letters. Things worked for me... because both the linux CCM and windows DNS were using the names the same way

Yes , I also used Capital Names for CCM Servers. I Will try your way .

Thank.

Hi Jfladuoceur.

I have already tried using no capital letters for CCM Server names. But the error still appears.

My configurations are :

hostname: hcmsub1a

Primary DNS : 10.149.80.5

Secondary DNS(optional) :

Domain: ipcc.vinaphone.com.vn

In DNS server , I can ping to CCM (installing ) successfully.

Please make some suggestions for me.

Thank.

hi, I remember I had one of my microsoft technicians do a command I think nslookup or something like that that showed us exacly how the DNS server was resolving the name. That`s how we figured out the mismatch. The only other thing i can think about would be IP connectivity... Or domain mismatch.

I just though of something else. Do you have a reverse lookup zone in your DNS configuration, I think that was another thing that was missing in my configuration...

Good luck

If you are using microsoft DNS, could chk also DNS forward zone and make sure you have entry for your publisher as HOST and also PTR in the reverse lookup.

cheers

Shahid

That's great.

My installation works well. I created some entries for Hostname servers in forward zone and Reverse lookup.

Thank you shahid and jfladouceur.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: