Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM4 and Unity 4 in parallel with CM7, Unity Conn and Exch 2007

craig.buchanan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Currently we have CCM4 and Unity 4.0.5 running at our site. What we would like to do is add Unified CM7 to our network, using Unity Connection 7 we would be connecting to our new MS 2007 Exchange. My question is has any one encountered any issues with this configuration? Is there any any updates i.e. AD/Schema changes required for CM7 which could have an impact on our existing CCM4/Unity installation? Any comments or advice greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

CUCM 7.X and Unity Connection 7.X do not require schema updates - these are Linux based servers (CUCM and UC use the same install DVD). Both of these applications can integrate with AD via LDAP configuration. We have Unity Connection 7 running in test alongside several Unity 4.2 servers, no problems! If you have IMAP4 enabled on your Exchange 2007 CAS server, you can access Unity Connection voice messages from an Outlook client - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/administration/guide/7xcucsag175.html

Ginger

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

CUCM 7.X and Unity Connection 7.X do not require schema updates - these are Linux based servers (CUCM and UC use the same install DVD). Both of these applications can integrate with AD via LDAP configuration. We have Unity Connection 7 running in test alongside several Unity 4.2 servers, no problems! If you have IMAP4 enabled on your Exchange 2007 CAS server, you can access Unity Connection voice messages from an Outlook client - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/administration/guide/7xcucsag175.html

Ginger

Thanks Ginger, thats clarified things for me. Think I was getting confused with some of the documentation and was reading details regarding the full blow Unity which seems to have alot more intergration with AD. Just want to make 100% sure that we dont affect our existing setup while we introduce the new one.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: