cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCNA Voice certification on switching

gmckay948vmb
Level 1
Level 1

The CCNA certification for Voice has dependencies on some aspects of understanding and configuration on LAN switches; e.g the entry level device that seems to be valid towards gaining and using the switching skills to successfully be a CCNA-capable engineer seems to be based on the 1861 as a CME router.

My question is, is the switch in an 1861 CatOS or IOS based? Anything other than the 1861 in a modern design would use a LAN switch which was IOS based, not CatOS.

Is LAB work for a CCNA Voice better worked on an IOS based LAN switch than anything CatOS based?

Thanks

1 Reply 1

gmgarrian
Level 4
Level 4

First off, I don't know so take this with a grain of salt (I took the CCNA a long time ago) but in the field I haven't seen a Cisco switch with the CatOS in quite a while.   I've worked with mostly 3000 and 2000 series switches but if the exam follows what's going on in the real world I would assume you'll be looking at the IOS and not CatOS.

Just my 2 cents.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: