Views
Helpful
Replies

CCS Configuration for VM in Communications manager

tcb
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

If I have a line and I have a VM box created, when configuring the line settings, I know you have to check the boxes under VM. But Im noticing on some of our lines, the next column, for Calling Search Space, is sometimes none and sometimes there is a CSS selected. If I want the line to go to VM and I have the boxes checked, which is correct for the CSS? Thanks for your help!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No one can tell you what CSS to use, that depends on your configuration, and you need to look at your CSS and partitions to find that out.

Now, that CSS would only come into play if:

A) You have something in the box left to it AND you DO NOT have the VM option checked.

B) The CSS activation policy is set to: with configured CSS OR if using the system default, that has been configured to: with configured CSS

If you're going to use the VM checkbox, you need to make sure that your device/line CSS allows you to dial to voicemail.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No one can tell you what CSS to use, that depends on your configuration, and you need to look at your CSS and partitions to find that out.

Now, that CSS would only come into play if:

A) You have something in the box left to it AND you DO NOT have the VM option checked.

B) The CSS activation policy is set to: with configured CSS OR if using the system default, that has been configured to: with configured CSS

If you're going to use the VM checkbox, you need to make sure that your device/line CSS allows you to dial to voicemail.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

That helps.. I guess Im confused because some lines have the VM boxed checked and some CSS are set to None and some are selected. Its not consistant so I was wondering if there was a "proper" set up. Thanks for the reply!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: