cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CDR Report (call duration)

jalston45
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I'm trying to come up with a report that would give me information on any given extension. I've been able to get the gist of the information that I need for my report. However I cannot find the duration of a call for a given extension. The Top N report is the only report I've been able to even see any type of call duration, but that is not what I need. Can anyone tell me how to obtain call duration for an extension?

Thank you in advance.

6 Replies 6

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The Port Usage Analyzer does some legwork along these lines you may be able to leverage - you can check out the latest version here:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_PortUsageAnalyzer.htm

it runs through the call log and finds the start and end call entries in the logs and chunks out an MDB file that contains, among other things, the "RawData" table that contains the port number and total call time (in seconds) for every call that came into the system on the day selected.

It's designed to break down port activity in numerous ways so it's more concerned with which port, what the call was doing (inbound/outbound/AMIS/MWI etc...) and when exactly it started and ended - it doesn't note the calling number in there or the like but it does accurately give you individual call length.

If that's not what you're looking for, I may be able to add a column to the raw data table for an additional piece of info...

I don't know if this tool is what I'm looking for to resolve this issue, however I do have a use for it, so thank you very much.

James,

This might be obvious reply, but the CallManager ART CDR Search to retrieve a specific record or records does provide in the record a DateTimeOrigination and DateTimeDisconnect. This is if you are trying to determine for a specific call. More than likely you are looking to obtain a Top N report for duration by extension per call not collectively, is this correct? Unfortunately I don't believe you have any pre-canned report in ART for that.

What you do have is the ART database. Usually ever 24 hours the CDR database is imported into the ART database. This is essentially to make reporting easier. There is a table, Tbl_Billing_Data, and this includes a per call duration column. Using a query in SQL you can return what you need. Of course if you want a nice fancy report then you'll want to use something like Crystal Reports. But basically the precanned Admistrative Reporting Tool website isn't going to do this for you.

If you'd like me to post the SQL query then just reply back with your criteria and I will put it up.

Please rate any helpful posts

Thanks

Fred

Thanks Fred I would like to see the SQL query, I've been complining this report based on raw data, but I wasn't able to get this particular piece, Thank you.

James,

Here is a sample query that will return from the ART database calls to a certain extension, 5389, on dates 7-9-2006 to 12-24-2006. This will sort by Duration in descending order (longest call first). This is run via query analyzer.

USE art

SELECT Orig_Date, Duration, Orig_Called_Party_Number

FROM dbo.Tbl_Billing_Data

WHERE Orig_Date between '2006-07-09 00:00:00.000' AND '2006-12-24 11:59:59.999' AND Orig_Called_Party_Number = '5389'

ORDER BY Duration desc

Please rate any helpful posts

Thanks

Fred

Thanks Fred this is very helpful, now I'll just tweak it a bit and that should produce the info that I need. I appreicate the help

James

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: