cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CER 8.6 - Manually Configured Phone

joshua.gertig
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning team. I have a quick question about CER...

We user CER 8.6 with CUCM 8.6 and track phones by IP subnet. Each floor/wing has it's own subnet, so it works out very well.

But recently, we were asked to put run cabling and put an ip phone in the penthouse of our building. We ran the cabling to the closest phone closet and connected to that switch. So the phone is pulling an ip address in the subnet for that particular floor/wing. So it's incorrect... if someone were to dial 911 from the penthouse phone, it would show up as 3rd floor north. I'd like it to say "Roof Penthouse" (a new ERL that I will configure)

My question is can I use a "Manually Configured" phone to accomplish this, or do I need to give that phone it's own "subnet"?                   

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can assign that one switch port to the proper ERL and rely on switch port assignment which should have precedence over subnet based tracking.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can assign that one switch port to the proper ERL and rely on switch port assignment which should have precedence over subnet based tracking.

HTH,

Chris

Thanks Chris. I actually just tested (hadn't seen your reply) and you are correct. Even though I have this one phone configured manually, with all info, it still picked up the ERL of the IP subnet of which it belongs. So in short, IP Subnet Tracking wins over manually configured phone.

So I will either get this phone on it's own subnet or track via switch port as you suggested. Thanks again for the help.

Just to follow up, we did exactly what you said and it's working like a charm. Manually assigned switchport ERL took precendence over the IP subnet ERL. PSAP saw correct location, call back worked. Very cool, thanks again!

Great it worked out and thanks for nice rating.

I belive the order is docuemnted in CER Admin Guide if you are interetsted in digging deeper :-)

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: