cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

CER 8.6 Relay Room Location to 911

Hello

Part of a UC project I'm implementing is CER 8.6 in a small community college. The customer is hoping to to relay all information to 911 down to the room number.

Am I to assume from all the research I've done that there will have to be an ERL created for each room and make sure that ERL is assigned to the appropriate switch ports? And for each ERL I will have to create a different Route Pattern and ELIN number, edit the ALI info to reflect the exact location and relay all that to the telephony provider?

If that is the case, they do own a very big block of unused DID's that should be enough to cover all the rooms for the ELINs. But then would that also mean that on the call manager side I would have to creat translation patterns for each of those DID's to reach the appropriate room for callback purposes? I just need to make sure before we proceed.

Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Correct, ERL=zone, so if each classroom is to be a zone you will need ERL for that. You do not need to create separate route pattern, you can use the same pattern with "calling party modification" feature, but you will need separate ELIN (that's the whole idea here) for each ERL.

No extra TPs needed on CUCM for callbacks if these are consecutive DIDs simply create one or few TPs that summarizes all these DIDs.

HTH,

Chris

Community Member

ERL on a 1-1 ratio.  if there is just one phone to a room.  I fyou are looking at multiple then place the ERL for the room number and the zone would be each room number.  If they have the rooms in suite format then they may be able to still get what they want by just identifying the suite. 

Either way it'll eat up a lot of DID.

Enjoy,

Larry

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Correct, ERL=zone, so if each classroom is to be a zone you will need ERL for that. You do not need to create separate route pattern, you can use the same pattern with "calling party modification" feature, but you will need separate ELIN (that's the whole idea here) for each ERL.

No extra TPs needed on CUCM for callbacks if these are consecutive DIDs simply create one or few TPs that summarizes all these DIDs.

HTH,

Chris

Community Member

ERL on a 1-1 ratio.  if there is just one phone to a room.  I fyou are looking at multiple then place the ERL for the room number and the zone would be each room number.  If they have the rooms in suite format then they may be able to still get what they want by just identifying the suite. 

Either way it'll eat up a lot of DID.

Enjoy,

Larry

Community Member

Thanks for the input. I guess I have some work cut out for me !!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content