Views
Helpful
Replies

Change Phone System under Notification Devices in Unity Connection

Frank den Haan
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

We are using CUC 9.1. It has a dual integration with CUCM 7.1.3 and CUCM 9.1 as we are in the process of migrating between clusters. To do this we have 2 Phone Systems set up in CUC - one pointing to the 7.x cluster and one pointing to the 9.x cluster.

As we are migrating phones/users between CUCM clusters, I am bulk updating via a csv file their user accounts in CUC to change the Phone System setting on the main page of their user account from the old 7.x cluster to the new 9.x cluster.

This is all working fine.

What I noticed though is if I check the Notification Devices page under a user's account, the devices still have the old 7.x Phone System associated with it.

Is there a way to bulk edit/update these fields to change the phone system? When I did an export of the user accounts with mailboxes, this field did not appear to be there as an option to change.

Thanks,

Frank

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Frank,

Have you looked at "Bulk Edit" instead of "Bulk Update"? You should be able to use;

Bulk Edit and chose;User with Voicemail > Users referenced in this CSV file > Next

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Frank,

Have you looked at "Bulk Edit" instead of "Bulk Update"? You should be able to use;

Bulk Edit and chose;User with Voicemail > Users referenced in this CSV file > Next

Cheers!

Rob

Ahhhhhh there it is. Wish they were all this easy. Many thanks Rob!

- Frank

Julie Oblak
Level 1
Level 1

I use Cisco Unity Connections v10 and this does not seem to be an option.  Please advise.  Thanks

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Julie,

Can you please expand on the issue you are having when you say this is not an option. Are you having trouble with Bulk Edit or Notification devices.....maybe we can help with the troubleshooting.

Cheers!

Rob

Julie Oblak
Level 1
Level 1

When I am logged into Unity Connection Administration under Tools\Bulk Administration Tool I do not see an option to 'Edit'.  I see the Select Operations of Create, Update, Delete or Export.

Hi Julie,

This is not actually under Bulk Admin tool but rather Bulk Edit.

To access Bulk Edit you first search and select all the users you want to change and then choose Bulk Edit @the bottom of the user's search page;

You also have the option to use Bulk Edit using CSV in the Related Links Menu on the Users page on the Top Right Corner

Cheers!

Rob

Thank you for the explanation.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: