cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Changes to phone devices in CUCM admin console not being configured on phone

Patrick Sharp
Level 1
Level 1

I can log in to the CUCM admin page and make changes to phone devices. The changes made are reflected in both the PUB and both SUBs. Devices do not take changes however. Reset and restart commands from admin page on devices do not actually reset or restart devices. Physically resetting device by unplugging switch port on phone does not help reflect configuration changes. Verified TFTP settings are correct and reset the TFTP service on servers. Troubleshooted on Cisco phone 7945 and 8945. Any help on how to resolve this?

CUCM ver. 9.1.2

Phones 7945 Phone Load 9-3-1SR3-1S

Phone 8945 Phone Load 9-3-4-17

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

CCM service should not be restarted during Production hours as it will impact call processing and other important functions. You can schedule it during off hours.

Manish

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

This points to some database issue, the database replication may be broken. Please check through RTMT  and see if the database replication state is 2 for all the servers. You can try a 'utils dbreplication stop' on all servers followed by a 'utils dbreplication reset all' on the Publisher. Another quick fix would be a restart of the ccm service.

HTH

Manish

Hi Manish, I forgot to mention that I did check DB replication and all looks good. Attached, screenshot. Will try restarting CCM service. what kind of issues should I expect by restarting these services in production during business hours??

CCM service should not be restarted during Production hours as it will impact call processing and other important functions. You can schedule it during off hours.

Manish

Manish, restarting the CCM service on the three CUCM servers fixed the issue for a very short period of time before it reoccured.

However a full cluster reboot corrected the issue fully. Thanks for your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: