Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Changing alias with Bulk Admin Tool - Unity 9

I have a Unity Connection 9 server that had been updated from Unity v5.  My users were all created with an arbitrary alias that does not match my active directory usernames.

I would like to complete my AD integration by updating my existing users' alias to match their AD username (600 users)

I've exported my unity users, and I have added a column that has my AD user name matched to their unity alias.  It appears that normally the alias is used as the unique ID for any Bulk Admin tool updates, but I would like to do a update that would *change the alias*.  The extension could be my unique ID in this case.

Can anyone offer a suggestion on how to use the Bulk Admin tool to update aliases?  

Thanks in advance,

Keith

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

The alias and extension

The alias and extension update utility can help here:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/CxN/AliasAndExtensionUpdate/AliasAndExtensionUpdate.html

there's a help and training video out there to give you and idea of how it works - it's a remapping strategy so it looks up the old alias (and/or extension) as the unique identifier and changes it to a new alias - so there's both a new and old alias and (optionally) a new and old extension in the CSV file for this purpose.

Try it with a few users and make sure the SMTP address format is correct and such when you're done and such.

Views
Helpful
Replies