Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Changing the wav " Welcome to Cisco Unity Messaging" UM 4.2

Does anyone know the location of this file and it's file name. So far, it seems to have eluded our engineers. I have a customer that wants to change it to announce as welcome to company x voicemail.

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Changing the wav " Welcome to Cisco Unity Messaging" UM 4.2

Why are you looking for the file? Just go to the opening greeting call handler and record your own greeting. You're _supposed_ to change this greeting on every install, no need to hunt down files on the hard drive and hack a solution...

Well, it could be another wav file that has still eluded me also.

If I am at my phone and the "Messages" button, it will ask for my password followed by #. If I hit #, I get the "Hello, Cisco unity Message.. from a touch tone telephone, etc." And I can not figure out where to change that.

I thought as a rule of thumb for all Unity installs, you are to leave the Open Greeting the way that it is, and create a new Call Handler to point everything to this. no?

Thanks

Cisco Employee

You can do that but most sites just change the opening greeting - when you hit # from sub sign in without signing in, it's hard coded to take you to the opening greeting call handler - so if you want that behavior to change, you must rerecord the opening greeting call handler - this is the usual way of dealing with it.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content