cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Chat history on Jabber Client

dmorgan
Level 1
Level 1

Where in Jabber for Windows IM client can an end user see his chat history?  With the Webex Connect client you could go back and look at previous chat sessions.  We are using Webex Connect back end (not CUPS).

3 Replies 3

anchoudh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

Q. Where can I see my chat history?

If your company has activated this feature, whenever you start a new chat with a contact, you will see your previous chat message there in the chat window. By choosing Jabber > Preferences > Chat, you can adjust how many previous messages are shown in a chat window. You can also archive a chat to a file or view chat history from the Chats tab in the main Cisco Jabber window.

Note:

Chat archiving must be activated by the system administrator. Some organizations choose not to

activate this feature. To be sure, ask your system administrator.

You can refer the below link for more information,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/mac/8.6/b_Cisco_Jabber_Mac_cloud.pdf

Hope it helps.

Anand

Please rate helpful posts by clicking on the stars below the right answers !!

I have File-> Options but no "preferences".  In File -> Options... I have no chat option.

Also- server side should be the same between Webex Connect client and Jabber client, correct?  IE if I had chat history in Webex Connect, it shouldn't go away with Jabber correct?