cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CIMC on C210 server throws Error 2001: Service not available message

JessicaBroy82_2
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to configure vmware on a brand new C210 server for the first time and the directions say to access the CIMC and load the vmware media. Sounds easy enough except every time I go to the CIMC webpage I recieve an " error 2001: Service not available"  message on every page I go to and none of the server info fields are populated. If I try to make any changes and save my settings the same message pops up and no changes are saved. Almost like the CIMC doesn't recognize the server or hardware. I ran the host update utility just now and upgraded the firmware for everything to the latest version but still no progress. Anyone have this happen or know how I can fix this?

Thanks in advance!

Jess

7 Replies 7

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Jessica,

Have you tried completely powering off the server, and removing power connections from it?  Even when you shut down the server CIMC still gets power unless you physically disconnect power supplies.  There is also a way to power reset CIMC from the web or ssh.

HTH,

Chris

haneid
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Jessica

Did you ever got any solution to this problem? i'm having excactly the same problem on several UCS210 servers

Alex

I did not, sorry. Rebooting, Powering off the machine and unplugging the power cable, upgrading all of the firmware and software, etc did not resolve the issue. I ended up moving on to other projects and this got pushed to the side for another time. If you are able to figure it out Iet me know. It happens on all 4 of my C210 servers.

I got it working on one of the servers, and havent tried the same solutions on any other server.

What i did was manually adding an IP adress to the management IP, then save the config before rebooting. After rebooting i put it back to get IP from DHCP, and saved the config. After a secound reboot i was able to use the mangement interface without the 2001 error.

I'm not sure if it will work on the rest of the servers, but it's worth a try

Regards

Alex

We had the same issue however resloved differently. We removed the cable and CIMC riser card from the motherboard and reseated it. This was after defaulting it (through SSH) and running a firmware update did not reslove it. Just wanted to share that incase someone else is looking for ideas.

hi Caleb

whether reboot CIMC is perm solution or just a workaround for timebeing? I have encounter same issue as well.

Cheers

ikanoscisco
Level 1
Level 1

In the CIMC Configuration Utility I did a CIMC Factory Default and re-configured my IP when the server came up.