cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 5.0 "Your messages are not available now" after exchange 2010 and DC migration to a new host

jgutierrez64
Level 1
Level 1

Guys,

First of all, thanks for looking at this post. Hopefully you guys can help me out. My unity users, when dialing into voicemail are getting the message "Your messages are not available now".

Services in error state under the event viewer:

Event Type:    Error
Event Source:    CSAgent
Event Category:    Kernel Rule 
Event ID:    256
Date:        7/29/2014
Time:        11:42:41 AM
User:        N/A
Computer:    UNITY
Description:
A packet with a bad transport layer header was detected. Reason: Illegal TCP reserved flags set using interface Wired\HP NC324i PCIe Dual Port Gigabit Server Adapter. TCP: 00.000.00.000/443->00.00.0.00/1241, flags 0x10. The operation was denied.

Event Source:    CiscoUnity_MALEx
Event Category:    Error 
Event ID:    30012
Time:        11:44:27 AM
Description:
An occurred which prevents successful Exchange access by CsBMsgConnector via MAPI.

This is typically an indication of configuration issues with Unity, Exchange, or the MAPI subsystem.

Verify that the Unity services accounts are granted the correct permissions and that there are no issues with installation.  The SysCheck utility may assist in diagnosing the problem.

Event Source:    CiscoUnity_Doh
Event Category:    Error 
Event ID:    32013
Time:        11:44:27 AM
Description:
Doh logon failed due to messaging component logon error: 8004052eH

I found and followed to the letter:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unity/107323-unity-error.html

I also went ahead and ran GUSI with some mixed results under environment information:

SQL Version = Microsoft SQL Server  2000 - 8.00.2282: unknown SP
     SQL Edition = Desktop Engine
     Windows version =  5.2 Build 3790: Service Pack 2
     Outlook is not installed on the local server
     MAPI Provider : CDO Version - 6.5.8211.0
     MAPI Shared Memory: (HKLM:SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Applications\<process>\SharedMemMaxSize)
            AvCsMgr : is set to recommended value
            AvMsgStoreMonitorSvr : RegKey not found.  Recommend add the key AvMsgStoreMonitorSvr and set DWORD SharedMemMaxSize with a value of 4194304 (decimal)
            AvNotifierMgr : RegKey not found.  Recommend add the key AvNotifierMgr and set DWORD SharedMemMaxSize with a value of 4194304 (decimal)
            AvUMRSyncSvr : is set to recommended value
            CsBMsgConnector : RegKey not found.  Recommend add the key CsBMsgConnector and set DWORD SharedMemMaxSize with a value of 4194304 (decimal)
            CsBridgeConnector : RegKey not found.  Recommend add the key CsBridgeConnector and set DWORD SharedMemMaxSize with a value of 4194304 (decimal)
            CsVpimConnector : RegKey not found.  Recommend add the key CsVpimConnector and set DWORD SharedMemMaxSize with a value of 4194304 (decimal)

TCPChimney : Disabled
         RSS : Disabled
         *Pulled from UnityDB Configuration Table*
         ExcludeAllReceipts : 0
         ExcludeReturnReceipts : 0
         DisableSearchFolderUse : 0
         MinSearchFolderLifeHours : 1
         OptimizeSearchFolderUse : 0

I tried following and deleting the Unity System Profile:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11249996/unity-501-exchange-2010-unable-logon-mapi-mailbox

But I am still scratching my head. Any direction will be appreciated.

1 Reply 1

jgutierrez64
Level 1
Level 1

Turns out that unity came back after all this. Maybe it just needed time. I think I answered my own question.  Anyways, this post could serve for future reference. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: